Wednesday, June 22, 2011

C4T2

CFT#!
For my teacher assignment I was assigned to Joe Dale, "who offers tips and advice using ICT to enhance the teaching of modern foreign languages". The blog that I read was published yesterday and its topic was "How can technology support teaching and learning?" ICT stands for information and communications technology. In this blog he has a video where a student from Medina School who scans a QR code, and a story is read to the student behind the picture of the maid. How awesome, to just scan a code, and the reading is spoken to you! While at the school, Dale showed the students more innovative practice and where the students could go to find out more about have ICT in the classrooms and the use of it. He also taught the students how to email their mp3 to a podcast player and use Google Reader.
Joe's Twitter page is quite lengthy with hello's and comments on how his tips of ICT help others. In my comment on his blog, I simply stated that it was amazing to scan a picture in the classroom and the information that is wanted is read to the students. I have only seen that with the iPhones and that was on items such as a shirt bar code and it would come up with results of where that item was the cheapest. Technology is replacing everything we have today, such as books. Without technology and knowing how to use it, in the future the people may be lost in the world.
My next blog by Joe Dale that I am reading is "Podcasting with The Ed Tech Crew.!" Joe got interviewed by Tony and Darrel from the Ed Tech Crew about technology and the changes that it is having on the future. Some topics were blogging, podcasting, and time management. The world is changing every day and technology does nothing but further our day to day learnings. For my blog comment I just told Joe I agreed with him because technology is changing everyday and it can only further our education!

No comments:

Post a Comment