Wednesday, June 15, 2011

blog post 5

Eagles' Nest Radio
While listening to the Eagles' Nest Radio about Ancient Romans it reminds me of an interview you would see on the television or even a news channel. The music in the background puts a real effect on the students voices and the stories and facts that they are telling the viewers of the video. The picture of the class of Eagles' Radio very well fits the topic being covered. By listening to the video, it shows that the teacher let his or her students dress as they want and let the students speak the facts that they know about the Ancient Romans. Also during the audio, it is not also them just speaking, but the facts are something that may teach you something that you may not know of!

Langwitches
This mp3 file, was very well put together! I have to say that I am impressed with the children and their doings on this video podcast with their voices. They are very clear and well spoken, which is important in case the listener does not have the script to follow. The sound effects in the podcast also made the "Dinosaurs Before Dark" detailed, almost as if you were watching what was going on! I would love to try this out in my classroom one day, just to see how the students react and if they enjoy re doing a story line!

The Education Podcasting Network
The Education Podcast Network was formed for podcast that may be helpful to teachers to be found in one central location. The podcast is open to anyone such as future teachers, or teachers now to get ideas, give their opinions, and share stories that may be helpful or inspiring to others.

podcast picture time

3 comments:

  1. Well written. I am looking forward to your podcast. I hope you will make use of what you have learned from these exercises in your podcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, your blog post was sweet and simple. I think the sound effects made the podcast too! I think children would love doing this as a class. I think when children hear their own voices and listen to how they sound it makes children want to strive to get "in character".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelsey,

    I think that the Eagles Nest Kids are great! I know that they really are learning about their assignment because of the way the activity is helping them get into the material.

    I see that you are adding the alt and title tag to your pictures. That's great! Keep up the good work!

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete