Wednesday, June 1, 2011

blog post 1

My name is Kelsey Hayward and I am 21 years old. I have lived in Mobile my whole life, but plan on changing that after I graduate. I am attending the University of South Alabama because I knew if I were to go off to school, school would become my second option and partying my first. I love my life and the people in it! During the hot weather I love going to our bay house in Perdido, and going out on the boat. Ever since I can remember my summers have been spent over there out in the sun and in the water. I love any sport that has to deal with water. I also took dance for 16 years of my life. Dancing was something that I love to do, until I was a senior in high school, and figured out that I wanted to have fun with my friends and not be stuck in dance.
Family means everything to me. Without my family and the support that I receive from them I do not think that I would be as far as I am. I was never one to like school, but being pushed by parents and realizing that most jobs these days require a college degree, I am here at South Alabama. Growing up I was always babysitting for the extra money, and my passion for children started there. I like the idea of becoming a teacher and being able to teach a child something new and they grasp and learn the concept and get so excited. The look on their face is priceless. I used to teach swim lessons, and once the child understood they could swim and go under water that is all they wanted to do. Im hoping that children that are taught will have an impact like that and always want to learn, and not look at school as if it is a boring place to be.
I am also training to run a marathon in January in Disney World, which I am super excited about. I am running it not because I like to run, but being able to train and put my mind to a task as big as that and accomplishing it. Training is intense because I am used to running three miles, and now some days I am running eight miles in one day, which I did not think was capable for my body. I like to be a leader and different from other people. I like people who are unique, and speak their mind, because I am one to not bite my tongue. I hope to pass this class, and enter into candidacy in the fall. I am anxious and can not wait to actually one day become a teacher and to help others.
Lacking Time Management
Being on time is something that I have to battle with everyday. Getting to class on time is quite simple, but having to get to an appointment, such as my physical therapy three times a week, I am late everyday. I live my life religiously by my planner book that stays in my purse, and every little thing can be written in it and I still may forget something. I am also one of the students, when Dr. Strange said not to print, I had to print when I got home because it is something that I can look at and know due dates. I will still be reminded to check the online date to see if anything has changed, but knowing I have the print out of how to do each blog, project, or assignment, and the due dates calms my soul. Procrastination is also a weakness of mine. I like to get my work done, but on some assignments I will wait until the last minute possible. I think if I could figure out the best time that I am more aware to study and do homework that would help me. I just do work or study when i feel like I want to, not a certain time Procrastination is not a great quality to have, but I try everyday to attempt to become better, and am hoping that with this class and having multiple items to do by certain dates and that some may take longer than others, it will help my qualities.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey,

    I hope that you will enjoy this class. This class is a great way to find resources for everything that a teacher will need! This class is not only helping you in technology, but you will learn much about being a teacher.

    It is great that you have a good support group because I think it builds strength within yourself. Support is something we all need to reinforce our own ideas.

    You are training for a marathon??? Wow, I know that will be tough.

    Hopefully this class can put you in some good habits about work and all that sort of thing. In this class you definitely need to be on time with your work.

    Feel free to e-mail me anytime at gmail me with any questions you might have.

    Don't forget to watch your grammar. There were many places in your post that you didn't capitalize "I".

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. i corrected all of my "I", I thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A marathon runner! Ready for Boston?

    Addicted to print. You are one of the few left - at least when it comes to books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love print as well-- especially the kind that is printed on the yellow tinted pages because I can read it easier outside. However-- I am loving the audiobooks for lighter reading options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boston? Not quite yet!

    Yellow tinted pages, really? I will have to look for that next time I am at an office store. Audiobooks, not sure how well I would comprehend with that. I would be listening over and over again.

    ReplyDelete