Wednesday, July 13, 2011

blog post 13!

While watching "Top Ten Tips For Using Technology in The Classroom," it only made me realize how important technology is in the classroom. This video also proves to me that I will be able to apply the technology and the ten tips into my own classroom. Also in this video it backups everything that Dr. Strange has taught us in EDM 310. From watching this video and almost completing EDM it helps me have a better understanding of how technology is to be used in the classroom.
For a few of his tips I agree with using Skype and music. Not that I don't agree, with the other eight tips but I am all for introducing and including music and Skype into my classroom. I have said before in many of my blog post that I want a "buddy class" for the usage of Skype. Ever since watching the one class Skype with another and make poems via Skype on a teachers blog I was assigned to, I have been fascinated. I wish as if I could go into the classroom now and start it. With music, it is a great way for the students to get motivated in doing their work. Even having music for a quick dance, or even the Alphabet song, the students will be involved because anything is better than sitting at a desk for seven or eight hours straight. Using technology in the classroom can be entertaining but also help you achieve the goals you want to achieve in your lesson plans. Technology is great, where would we be without it?!

2 comments:

  1. Music. Any ideas beyond motivation? Here are some ideas I left for Elizabeth Brooks who wants to teach history in high school: As for music, link research with music. For example what was happening in the US/BG when the Beatles released this song (play) or a bit from Les Miserables or Don't Cry for Me Argentina or ....

    Put your thinking cap on. What other ideas can you come up with. Share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey!
    I agree that after (almost)completing EDM310 it's easier to see how technology can be used in the classroom. Having a "buddy class" sounds like a great idea! I'm still trying to get the hang of Skype, but this is inspiration to familiarize myself with it more! I think music is also a great way to reinforce learning with students.
    I enjoyed your post!
    Alana

    ReplyDelete